Movie Recommendation

Movies or Netflix’s Serial for your Quarantine


When the coronavirus outbreak happens in Indonesia, the government suggested us to stay at home during this outbreak. Yeah, it sucks to study at home, so many tasks during this quarantine. But I want to tell you about my movies or Netflix's serial recommendation, So you can’t get easily bored from this quarantine thing.

1.       Forrest Gump (1994)


                Forrest Gump movie is a drama-comedy movie from America, the main character of this film is Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks). This movie was released in the United States on July 6th, 1994.
Forrest Gump is a boy who grew up in Alabama, He is named after the first Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan. When he was a child, he met young Elvis Presley in his neighborhood, and Forrest teaches his dances to Elvis and his dances become so phenomenal in rock and roll history. There are so many references or Allusion in this movie, such as the Vietnam War, Bubba-Gump Shrimp, John Lennon, JFK, Watergate Hotel Scandal, and many more. This movie makes me laugh and sad when I watch this movie. Even though this is an old movie, I rate this movie 9 out of 10, because I loved how Tom Hanks played Forrest Gump in this movie, he made us feel like the character felt in the movie.

2.       Knives Out (2019)


                Knives Out movie is a drama mystery movie from America, this movie is about a novel writer Harlan Thrombey who celebrated his 85th birthday party on his big house, on the next day his housekeeper finds him dead with knife hanging from his hand. Everyone believes his death was a suicide because the knife hanging from his hand. But there is someone hired a private detective to investigate his death. I think I don’t tell you about this movie story, because every story on this movie has an important clue to Harlan Death. I give this movie an 8 out of 10, I liked this movie because the plot of this movie is so unexpected and so many twists, just watch it if you are curious about Harlan killer in this movie, or Harlan just committed suicide? watch the movie if you want to know.


3.       Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)


                Bohemian Rhapsody is a biopic movie about Freddy Mercury, lead singer of the famous British rock band Queen. This movie is about Freddy Mercury's life before he met Brian May,  Roger Taylor, and his lover Mary Austin. In this movie Freddy Mercury met his guitarist and drummer on a bar on England, the former vocalist on the Smile Band quit because he pessimistic of his band, so Freddy suggested himself to Brian and Roger to become their new vocalist. Before the Bohemian Rhapsody was famous it was rejected by their label EMI, so Freddy publish his song on the radio, and the song becomes top chart for nine weeks and sold a nine million copy. Sadly he was infected by the HIV virus due to his sexual preferences. I liked this movie because I love the band Queen, and I want to know more about this band, Also the movie sound mixing is so great, when I watch this movie on theatre, I felt that I went back to 1970s and watch Queen concert on Live Aid, it’s so real. I give this movie 9 out of 10.

4.       Money Heist (2017--)


                Money Heist or “La Casa de Papel” is a Netflix serial from Spain, This movie is about a guy who wants to make a group for the biggest heist in the history of Spain, The Professor wants to do a heist in a Royal Mint Spain, Professor is the mastermind or man behind the mind of this heist. Before they do this heist, they have to learn a lesson from Professor. When they do the heist, they wear a Salvador Dali mask and a red jumpsuit. When they arrived at the Royal Mint they asked the hostages to wear the same outfit as the robber, so that the robber camouflage with the hostages. This movie reintroduced the anti-fascist song “Bella Ciao”. And My favorite character is Professor, he is so smart and a very charismatic man. I give this movie 7.5





So that’s all my movie recommendation for you during this quarantine, I hope you don’t get easily bored and I hope you like my movie recommendation. There are so many movies that I liked because I’m a little bit of a movie geek, but I hope you like my recommendation!.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Allusion in Songs

Dark History of Japan

Conversation